Dark skies over Manila.

Dark skies hovering Manila this day.
Waking up to a gloomy weather is not rare to me, especially when you live here in the Philippines. I am used to raging storms and winds, dark skies and floods. I have experienced getting soaked up and all due to heavy rains. But, seeing people all over the news that are devastated and affected by the typhoon (and landslides too) I think that I am considered to be lucky and fortunate. Here am I, warm and wrapped in blankets while my other countrymen are stranded, struggling and shivering just to find a dry and safe place.

Yes, my family have experienced the terror and the strife of Ondoy last September 2009. I know how it feels to see your home destroyed by the flood. Actually, what happened to our house is just a minor one, compared to those who gets stranded on their roofs, waiting for rescue. Let us all be thankful to God for sparing our families from floods and keeping them dry. Just make our faith stronger, guys. God would never let us perish. He will never leave us. Keep praying, and you'll see that there's a rainbow always after a rain.

- Malls, and some schools are open for temporary shelters and evacuation centers for those who are stranded or affected by the flood. 
- Animals have lives too! Call 475-1688 or 897-8374 for animal rescue!
- You can also donate to Red Cross! For GLOBE users, please text RED <5, 25, 50, 100 or 300> to 2899. For SMART users, please text RED <10, 25, 50, 100 or 500> 4143.
Little things can help! Certain universities and schools are currently accepting donations for those affected by the flood. God bless everyone!